Monday, August 2, 2010

A Pirate Limerick Poem by Room 10

Over the last week, we have be learning about Limerick Poems. Do you know what a Limerick poem is? We looked up some examples from this website about Pirates that had lots of good information and activities to do. Here is what we came up with as a class.

There once was a pirate named Peter
He loved to sit next to the heater
He tried to go to sleep
But was hungry for sheep
And he ran a hundred meters

If you have any ideas or would like to share a limerick poem with us, feel free to do so. Here are some pictures that Kavaliku and Calvin have drawn of a pirate.

11 comments:

Zara and Anetema said...

Dear Kavaliku and Calvin,
You have drawn cool as pirates! We like how you have put some sand in your pirate pictures. They look like real pirates!! Your class poem is really cool too.
From Zara and Anetema.

Room 8 Super Stars said...

Dear Room 10,
We love your limerick, it sounds so cool to say out loud. The pictures look scary!!
From Oli and Charlotte.

Miss Paton said...

Hi Room 10,

I liked your Limerick Poem on Pirates. Limerick poems aren't the easiest to write, but I think you've done a great job. I also like Kavaliku and Calvin's Pirate drawings. They are very detailed. Keep up the great writing,

From Miss Paton

Sela Room 10 said...

Hi Kavaliu and Calvin,
I loved the way yous two drawn an
awesome pictures that was a good efort of drawing that picture. I loved I also loved the way yous consitrate on the computer.

From Sela

Anonymous said...

`Hi my name is logan &
kalani from burnham school room 2 Christchurch.



I like your pirates panted.

Anonymous said...

`Hi my name is logan &
kalani from burnham school room 2 Christchurch.



I like your pirates panted.

Anonymous said...

`Hi my name is logan &
kalani from burnham school room 2 Christchurch.



I like your pirates panted.

Anonymous said...

hi my name is kalani. i like your painted pirates.
i am from burnham school

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Matthew from Room 2 is Burnham school.I like your exciting pirate pictures our so i like your trip video.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Matthew from Room 2 is Burnham school.I like your exciting pirate pictures our so i like your trip video.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Matthew from Room 2 is Burnham school.I like your exciting pirate pictures our so i like your trip video.