Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ireland by Taimana


Top of the morning to you Room 9, the country I chose for my speech is IRELAND. Apart from New Zealand, Ireland is my favourite country because I have Irish in me from my Great Great Grandmother on my nanny’s side. Ireland is in the North-Western Hemisphere, it is just west of England. the North Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Seas surround Ireland. Dublin City is the capital of the Republic of Ireland, and the capital city in Northern Ireland is Belfast. Dublin is rated the 13th most expensive city in the world. their money is the Euro. There are about 6.27 million people in Ireland. Most people speak English but some do speak Irish Gaelic. It rains about every second day in Ireland, they say it’s hard to tell the difference between Summer and Winter. The schools in Ireland finish at 2 o’clock. wouldn’t it be cool if we finished then, right after lunch? The Ireland flag has three colours, green white and orange. The orange and green represent the North and South of Ireland. The white stands for the hope for peace between them. You would have seen this flag at the Rugby World Cup recently , when Ireland beat Australia 15-6. GO IRELAND!!!! Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Taimana, you spoke very well in your speech. Nice and clear voice. GO IRELAND!

Anonymous said...

Great speech Taimana. You had lots of interesting facts.
Arohanui Nana

Zane said...

Hi Taimana,I really liked your story especially the bit were there were six. twenty seven millon pepole in Ireland.

Hajira said...

Hi Taimana.
WOW!! Your part irish! I didn't know that. Thats a lot of information you've collected and there very interesting and cool.
keep up the great work.
Hajira

Hajira said...

Hi Taimana.
WOW!! Your part irish! I didn't know that. Thats a lot of information you've collected and there very interesting and cool.
keep up the great work.
Hajira