Monday, February 21, 2011

The Rancid Family


Over the last few days, Room 9 have been reading a story called Evil Fred by Kylie Begg and Jacob Leaf. Apart from Evil Fred, the main characters are the Rancid Family. Have you heard of them? You can listen to a podcast that previous Pt England students have made by clicking here.

The children in Room 9 have been learning to write simple sentences that describe and explain what the Rancid family are like. Here are some examples:

The Rancid family are mean and silly. I don't like the Rancid family.
By Alexis

The Rancids are a mean, big and nasty family. The dad puts bad stuff in the supermarket.
By Zane

The Rancid family was a nasty and cheeky. The Rancid famiy are rude. I think Mr and Mrs Rancid are the meanest people in the land.
By Enyahlee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Room 9. I first heard about the Rancid family through the podcast you link to here. And I thought they were pretty horrific. So I am glad to see that Alexis, Zane and Enyahlee agree with me.

Mrs Burt

Anonymous said...

Great work Enyahlee, Alexis & Zane, I liked your detailed descriptions about the Rancid Family. Pretty scary I say. Keep up the good work =)

Xx Michaels Mum =)

Anonymous said...

hi enya your pic rocks keep on drawing great